Have you seen the Adidas commercial a few months back where Kevin Garnett said that we’re just being fooled to believe that it’s just all about him whenever his team is playing great? Well, I just remembered that line of his because an old friend of mine who saw my picture on blogger said that I look really fit and asked me if I’ve been working out.
I let out a loud chuckle after she said that. As much as I wanted to second her claim, I told her honestly that beneath that well-pressed suit lies a bulging (and still growing) belly. I also didn’t mention the chest hair because that might gross her out. We were enjoying our conversation and I didn’t want to abruptly end it by describing the lawn on my chest.
I’ve been planning to go to the gym for the longest time. However, my eyes usually play tricks on me whenever I examine myself on the mirror. For some reason I always see the reflection of a very fit man whenever I stand before the mirror. Maybe it’s not a mirror. Maybe it’s actually a 6-foot poster of a guy that looks lime me (minus the belly, of course).
I’m fully aware that there are many fat-burning pills in the market that could fry the lard off our tummies without lifting a muscle. However, I’m quite apprehensive in trying them because many say that there are very undesirable side effects. I bet some of the pharmaceutical companies who make fat-burning supplements have criminal records already for issuing defective or harmful products. The last thing that I need is a health problem. I’m not aspiring to have a body like Sylvester Stallone’s. All I want is to be healthy.
I’ve read an article which revealed that we could actually teach our body to burn fat. The methods by which you could do it require hard work, though. But, then again, nothing in life is easy.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment