I used to laugh at the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. I remember telling my mom that my burger is just as good as the apple in keeping me away from the hospital.
I ended up eating apples and the words that I’ve said to my mom a few months later. I got a nasty fever after playing football in the rain and going home without changing my dripping clothes. My illness wasn’t that serious enough to merit me a few days of vacation at the hospital nearby. However, the person that my burger was supposed to repel became a frequent visitor in our house for about a week.
I’ve learned that preventive measures are important and should not be taken lightly. Rummaging through criminal records is also a preventive measure for people who are dealing with someone they don’t really know. Cures are definitely more expensive and bothersome than preventive remedies. Don't you think so?
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment