Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lending Your Trust

I sometimes wonder how lending company CEOs could go on running their business without biting their nails everyday at the prospect of being conned. I mean, who would ever risk lending money to a person that he or she has only known for a few minutes.

I’ve let only a very few and select friends borrow money from me. The fact that I don’t have a fat bank account makes me think about 9 to 10 times before giving in to a loan request. While I don’t hire a private investigator to check on my friend’s trustworthiness, I do pry a little bit on his financial background or history before giving him the nod.

Every lender would agree that loaning money to somebody who is running from the law would end up running away with it. If you’re in the business (or habit) of letting people borrow money from you, make it a point to conduct a criminal record search on them first before trusting them to come back for payment.

No comments: