What does it take for one to be a good bodyguard? If ever I apply for such a job, should I spend every waking hour on the gym to armor my body with extra strong muscles?
The Vatican doesn’t seem to give too much premium on muscles. I’ve seen a documentary on their Swiss guards, and they’re anything but intimidating. President Bush’s secret service agents also seem to lack the muscles that could ward off any intruder. I guess that job is not solely about being able to bully off unwanted people.
Night clubs do seem to require their security personnel to have a heavy built. You might even say that murder is written all over their body if they have tattoos on them. But, then again, looks can be deceiving.
What every bodyguard should have though, is a good character. You can’t expect a person to protect you if he has a record of harming people for no justifiable reasons. For those who want to employ the services of a bodyguard, make sure that you conduct a criminal records search on the applicants first before entrusting your life to them.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment