I don’t like gossip. Listening to them is just a waste of time. It’s very dangerous to believe or consider something that has no basis. I always make it a point to verify everything first before coming up with a conclusion.
Some of my neighbors in the village where I used to live loved to pry upon the personal lives of some of the residents in the area. One of their favorites was Mr. Smith (ok, not his real name;). They told me that he was a convicted felon and had just gone out of prison a few years back.
Of course, I didn’t immediately believe my neighbors. I was able to talk to Mr. Smith once and he seemed to be a very gentle person.
One Saturday morning, the thought of running a criminal record search on Mr. Smith crossed my mind. I don’t know if the gossip had gotten to me or if I really just wanted to prove my neighbors wrong, but I decided to go through with it.
Just as I suspected, Mr. Smith had a clean record. I was supposed to tell those rumor-mongers about my discovery, but I was quite too embarrassed to let them know that their stories had gotten into me. Well, at least I’ve proven to myself that gossips are indeed a waste of time.
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment