Monday, November 27, 2006

Have They Called Already?

An officemate of mine who went to New Hampshire a few days ago to visit his parents told me that the airport was almost filled to the brim with passengers who are also rushing to go home for Thanksgiving.

A good number of passengers were students. I guess many are already leaving home to study in big colleges and universities.

Nobody can be too far from home nowadays. The Internet has effectively shortened every highway and sea lane. Parents can instantly talk to their children via phone or PC.

There are some children though, who fail to call their parents up after leaving home for college. Some usually hide under the pretense of being busy in school in order to avoid calling or going back home. I don’t why they do it. Maybe they’re really busy studying, or maybe they got into trouble and are just too embarrassed to ask for help.

I guess some parents will be relying on criminal records instead of phone directories to contact or locate their prodigal child.

No comments: