I love a good bargain. I do believe that many department stores are unreasonably hiking up prices just to increase corporate profits. Hence, I usually go the extra mile in searching every nook and cranny for good deals.
A few months ago, a friend of mine took me to an electronics store that sells mobile phones at incredibly low prices. My eyes beamed when I saw the price tag of the Motorola RAZR phone that previously caught my fancy. It was being sold at just a fraction of its regular price! I would’ve immediately bought it had I been able to withdraw cash from the ATM. However, I only had a few dollars on my wallet, and the store doesn’t accept credit cards.
I asked my friend to drive me to the nearest ATM. While we were looking for one, I asked him if the units were stolen or smuggled because I found it difficult to believe that they were regularly acquired. He told me that I was worrying too much. Maybe I was. The thought of running a criminal record check on the proprietor of the shop ran through my mind. However, my friend assured me that the shop was legal and that it was licensed to do business.
Of course, I ended up buying the phone ;)
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment