People are always asking me when they should consider a criminal record search on somebody. I always say, “it depends”. Indeed, each situation calls for a different course of action.
However, it occurred to me one time that one could actually run a criminal record search on anybody for no reason at all. The process is not that intrusive, so I see no reason why they can’t ask somebody to check on a person for possible past and present criminal offenses.
It’s a waste of time and money, I know. However, it’s not my money, and every act shouldn’t always have a reason or purpose. My position is that as long as it won’t cause any harm or inconvenience to the person being investigated, there is no reason why people should be prohibited from going through it.
You may want to check the criminal records of your favorite basketball star or soap opera to prove or disprove the rumors about them. You may also conduct a background check on a prominent person in your area to see if he’s living his life within the bounds of the law. The reasons could be endless. But, as I’ve said before, every act shouldn’t always have a reason.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment