Tom and I were watching a low-budget film from Japan that an officemate of his lent us. The dialogues were in Japanese, so we had to content ourselves reading the subtitles.
The movie was great, despite the fact that it only lasted for 40 minutes. I wish I could write down its title, but I think the distributor forgot to include or translate it in English.
The movie was about a 25-year old guy who led a life of crime ever since he was abandoned by his parents. There were no gunfights, nor martial arts scene. The violence was portrayed in a very subtle, but believable manner.
Kinshu’s performance was great. His role as a hardened criminal was so convincing that one might even think that he had been incarcerated in real life for committing a crime in the past. Tom and I joked that we would most likely pick something up if we would conduct a criminal records search on him.
I hope independent films such as the one we watched would continue to flourish. There are many talented actors and actresses out there that are just waiting to be discovered.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment