Is your Christmas tree made of plastic, or did you cut a real pine tree to make it as the centerpiece of your holiday decorations?
We never had a real pine tree for a Christmas décor. My dad said that it would be a shame to cut them just for Yuletide props. I remember one time when I nearly went into a tantrum when my parents refused to buy the pine tree that was on sale near our village. My dad tried to scare me by saying that cutting a tree is like killing a person, and that such a deed would be noted in my criminal record.
Of course, I didn’t believe him. But I gave up on my effort to have a real tree inside our home because my dad had a point. It would be a shame to kill a living thing just to make your house look good. Besides, the white artificial Christmas tree that they bought really looked good.
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment