I was just flipping through the cable channels last night when I came across a silly but interesting movie about a person who pretended to be somebody else. The plot was interesting considering that the person whom the protagonist was pretending to be was already dead.
I wasn’t able to get the title of the movie. It was a funny one, although there were tear-jerking scenes at the end of the film. In the end, the family who thought that the protagonist was their missing uncle accepted him even after he revealed his true identity.
Don’t think that impersonation only frequently happens in movies. The incidence of identity theft has been climbing for the past few years. And while the movie that I saw ended happily, that’s usually not the case in real life. Identity theft has cost many people thousands of dollars in unauthorized transaction.
Be very careful when giving out information about yourself to others. Protect yourself from identity theft. If you doubt the credibility of the person who asking for certain details about yourself, conduct a criminal records search on him. Who knows, he might just decide to be “you” the next time he buys something online.
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment