Monday, December 25, 2006

The Uninvited Guest That Didn't Come

The party that I hosted two days ago ended late. It was supposed to be just a 4-5 hour affair. However, everybody was so excited and engrossed with each other that the last guest left at around 1am!

I was quite exhausted after closing the door. I thought of cleaning up before going to bed, but my body was begging me to lie down for a while. I sat on the couch hoping that a 10-minute rest would recharge me. I was dead wrong. My supposed 10-minute rest turned into a 5-hour sleep!

I wanted to continue sleeping until the sun set, but Christmas eve was just a few hours away so I dragged myself to the kitchen to clean things up.

When I was about to go out to throw the trash, I discovered that I dozed off without locking the door! It’s a good thing that I’m living in a very good neighborhood. Ed, my next door neighbor, told me that nobody in the village has lost anything or has been robbed for seven straight years already. He even boasted that I won’t find anything even if I conduct a criminal records search on anybody in the area.

It seems that Ed is right. Lucky me :)

No comments: