A man already serving sentence for killing a doctor was again held guilty of another offense.
James Kopp was found by a jury to have violated the federal Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act when he shot Dr. Barnett Slepian in order to prevent him from performing abortions.
Kopp waived his right to counsel and argued by himself. He tried to plead his innocence by explaining that he did not intend to kill Slepian, and that he only wanted to injure him so that he won’t be able to conduct an abortion the next day.
It’s very disturbing to know that there are still people who take the law into their own hands. The fact that these persons did not have any criminal record before they committed the crime is equally frightening.
I’m not good at judging or determining a person’s character. I’m sure that if I had met Kopp before he committed the felony, I wouldn’t have had an inkling that he has a propensity to shoot somebody without fear.
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment