Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Solution to Resolutions

I was browsing through Yahoo! last night for funny New Year’s resolutions. Everybody in the office keeps asking me what’s mine. I just answer by telling them that I made a few even if I actually didn’t make any.

I made 10 last year, and ended breaking up all but one. I wasn’t able to break the last one because I forgot what it was. I’m afraid that the list that I’ll be making for 2007 would suffer the same fate. Hence, I just decided to dispense with it.

However, I need a makeshift list in order to appease my curious officemates. Some have even speculated already that my only resolution for the year is to get promoted. I have to give them a witty answer before they make up another embarrassing or uncomfortable resolution for me.

One man from Ohio said that his sole New Year’s resolution is to try not to kill his neighbor’s cat with a chainsaw. Now that’s a resolution for you. Good luck to that guy. I hope that he also wished for a clean criminal record this year.

No comments: