Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Terror Attack?

New York got another terror scare last Monday when a mysterious odor filled Manhattan and some parts of New Jersey.

Some people panicked, thinking that it was flammable. Others even surmised that it was a terror attack, and that the gas was poisonous. Of course, the authorities took it seriously.

I admire the city’s law enforcement agency for being brave and selfless in checking the incident without much regard for their personal safety. They’ve already proven that in 9/11.

Keeping the city in order is a gigantic task. New York concretizes the words “diversity” and “melting pot.” One might even say that it’s impossible to secure such a place unless the police conduct a criminal records search on each New Yorker.

I believe I’ve already said before that law enforcement is not just the job of the police. Each citizen should do his or her part in making sure that the city is safe and free from criminals or terrorists. Let’s make sure that New York would never become a venue again for tragedies written by terrorists.

No comments: