Monday, January 29, 2007

Second Chances

The lunch meeting that our parish priest and I have been planning for the longest time finally took place last Sunday after mass. A neighbor of mine told him about my line of work, and our Jesuit friend has been on my tail ever since.

He already conveyed his desire to ask for my help as early as last November on the project that he plans to organize by spring. He didn’t provide me with much detail at that time. I just remember him asking on how to search for persons who have criminal records.

I thought that the reason why he asked me on how to open or look for criminal records online is that he wanted to hire persons who have an impeccable background or character record. I was wrong. On the contrary, the persons that he wants to hire for the project are those who have already been convicted of a crime in the past and have already served time for it.

“The project is all about second chances,” my Jesuit friend said. I’m not sure if I agree with him. But then again, life is all about second chances.

No comments: