Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wrong Hacker

I was trying to access one of my blog accounts yesterday when a very disturbing message suddenly greeted my eyes. My browser displayed an Error 403 message, saying that I've been denied access to the site and that my IP address has been banned. Apparently, the administrator of the Web site thought that I was hacking through my account.

I went through the links that the message provided. I then found out that the primary reason why I was denied access is that my PC was allegedly infected by a virus or malware. It recommended that I should use a "real" anti-virus.

I almost cursed after reading the message. I mean, I'm using McAffee's latest anti virus, and then somebody would tell me to use a "real" anti-virus? Common! I'm using Viruscan. How real can one get?!

I already sent a message to the administrator to check the mistake. I didn't attach any dynamite to the mail. It was more of a request rather than a demand. I understand their cautious disposition. I myself am constantly looking for ways to stop hackers. I just hope that they device a more fool-proof and error-free means to ferret out the real hackers from the innocent ones.

No comments: