Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Persistent Problem

I was browsing through the Internet for some local news the other day when I chanced upon an article featuring identity theft. It seems that many Americans are still being easily conned by identity thieves.

Reports of identity theft incidents still baffle me. Local governments and various consumer groups had already conducted campaigns against this pernicious act. It’s quite surprising then that many persons still suffer from being charged for unauthorized transactions.

I’m not saying that their crusade or program is flawed. I believe that the campaign against identity theft should be constant and relentless. The people should also participate in it by educating themselves about the act. There are many reliable materials on the Internet regarding the issue. I usually direct friends to http://recordssitereviews.com/recommends/theftprotection. All efforts to curb identity theft would go into naught without the participation of the intended victims of the crime.

No comments: