Friday, January 05, 2007

Don't Drink and Drive

It’s almost midnight, but my officemates are still wide awake downstairs. They asked me to join them for another round of beer, but I’ve already exceeded my three-bottle limit. I would’ve wanted to oblige, but my skin revolts every time alcohol runs into my veins.

Paul is the only non-drinker in our group. He’s also our department’s designated guardian and driver in any party since he’s the only person who’s sober enough to sit behind the wheels. He begged off from his car pool duty tonight because he wasn’t really feeling too well.

The other guys brought their car with them. However, some of them had one drink too many. Instead of sending them off to their deaths, I just decided to have them here for the night. I told them that I didn’t want to be blamed for any blemish that might ruin their records if they get caught driving under the influence. Anyway, what’s one night compared to an indelible criminal record entry.

No comments: